Monday, 24 August 2015

Restoring databases

To keep up to date on the project I am working on, I am required to manually update my local database to new versions.

Steps I take restore the database:
  1. Copy new .bak file to accessible location
  2. Open Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
  3. Connect
  4. Right click "Databases"
  5. Click "Restore Database..."
  6. Select "Device"
  7. Click "..."
  8. Select "Add" in the pop up box
  9. Locate and select new .bak file, click "OK"
  10. Make sure new backup is selected and click "OK"

    If this error occurs:
  11. Open IIS (Internet Information Services Manager)
  12. Under Actions->Manage Server click "Stop"
  13. Reselect new database backup in SQL and click "OK"
  14. Press "Start" in IIS to restart server

    And then because I am using Sitecore, the updated master has to be published to web for me to be able to see the changes:
  15. Open Sitecore instance
  16. Click "Publish" tab
  17. Click "Publish" drop down arrow
  18. Select "Publish Item"
  19. "Smart publish" and then "Publish >"

No comments:

Post a Comment